Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Uber Stories I

 Stories from driving Uber late night in Baltimore.

As I pull up to an apartment complex I look at the name on the account.

Vinny

You don't see to many Vinny's in Baltimore as I watch two figures emerge from the building.

A brief greeting, they climb in and we're off.

They're clearly drunk and probably high as well. 
The one guy is so baked he doesn't totally have a clear grasp of what is going on, 
but the other guy, Vinny, is still on the upswing of drinking.


Vinny: "Hey man, what music app are you using?"

Me: "Oh, its youtube music."

Vinny: "That's cool! Hey, you should play FlightVinny!"

Me: "FlightVinny?"

Vinny: "Yeah man! You'll like it."

Me: .....

Vinny: "You like [rapper I've never heard of] or [another rapper I've never heard of]? Then you'll love this."

Me: "Are you the Vinny in FlightVinny?"

Vinny: "Yeah man, I'm a rapper. You should put on [song name]."

Me: [too tired to argue, puts on FlightVinny]

Vinny: "Yeah man!" [raps along to his own music]


I wonder if when Beyoncé or Adele get in a cab they go:
"Hey can you throw on Lemonade or Hello? 
I just want to listen to myself sing."


Not what I would choose to listen to,
but honestly not the worst rap I've ever heard.


So there you go Vinny, there's your plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment